This is a delicious dessert cake - best served warm with yoghurt or ice cream. Recipe courtesy of Cass from the Tui Team.
- 175g softened butter
- 1 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 1/4 C coconut
- 5-6 largish feijoas, peeled and diced (approx. 1 - 1 1/2 c)
- 1/4 C sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Lightly grease a 20cm cake tin and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat in.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and fold in, alternatiing with the milk.
- Fold the coconut and feijoas into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle the almonds and sugar evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.