If you're wondering what to do with the feijoas growing in your backyard, then this Feijoa & Banana Loaf is perfect! This loaf is so easy to make and is really tasty as an afternoon tea snack with a cup of tea.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Gregg's Mixed Spice
- 1 cup raw sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1 cup chopped ripe feijoas (about 3-4 feijoas)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180°C (conventional bake). Grease and line the base of a 13cm x 23cm x 70 (6 cup capacity) loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and Gregg's Mixed Spice into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together raw sugar, oil, egg and mashed bananas to combine. Pour into the dry ingredients along with the chopped feijoas. Fold into the dry ingredients to mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes until cooked. A skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf will come out clean.
- Leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes before turning onto a cake rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.