If you're enjoying homegrown feijoas harvests, Food in a Minute have brought back a classic - Feijoa Bran Muffins!
Try these delicious muffins with a little butter for a delicious snacking treat. If you're out of feijoas, save it for the next season.
- 2 cups wheat baking bran
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 100g butter
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cup peeled and chopped ripe feijoas (about 4-5 feijoas)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan bake). Grease a deep 12 hole muffin tin.
- Put bran, wholemeal flour, flour, baking powder, Gregg's Cinnamon and brown sugar into a mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup.
- Whisk milk, eggs and baking soda until baking soda has dissolved.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add milk mixture, melted butter and golden syrup along with the chopped feijoas. Carefully mix together to combine the ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the muffins are golden and spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cake rack to cool completely.