A simple and delicious fruit salad to celebrate the best of the summer fruits! The mint syrup will keep for a month in the fridge in a jar.
- 8-10 cups of summer fruit (strawberries, peaches, nectarines, pineapple, blueberries etc), chopped
- 100g caster sugar
- 2/3 C water
- 7 sprigs of mint
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Place the sugar and the water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Chop up the mint.
- Add to the hot syrup and cool.
- Strain, and then mix in the juices and salt.
- Pour over chopped fruit, and serve.