Planting out the runners of your strawberries is a great way to get more strawberry plants for free, as well as a more abundant crop. Learn how to replant strawberry runners with Candy @nzgardener.
1. Planting the runners of your strawberries means more strawberry plants for free!
2. The parent plant will put out numerous runner plants every year.
3. They form on the end of a long stem, that's still attached to the parent plant.
4. Snip of the runner plant so that the stem is about 3cm long.
5. Plant it straight into some Tui Strawberry Mix.
6. For big, juicy berries feed new plants with some Tui Strawberry Food.
7. Apply Tui Organic Seaweed Plant Tonic every few weeks for an extra boost.