Thank you to Susan from Northland for sharing her recipe for Pineapple & Cucumber Relish in the Summer Harvest Recipe Competition.
- 4 large cucumbers (approx 14-16 apple cucumbers)
- 2 x 425g tins crushed pineapple
- 8 onions
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp mild curry
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup vinegar (extra)
- Peel cucumbers if desired, slice lengthways, scoop out seeds and discard them, then slice the cucumber.
- Cut onions in half and slice.
- Combine all ingredients except cornflour.
- Boil well for a good 20 minutes (I put lid on to bring to bring to boil, but take off before moisture drips into pickle and dilutes it).
- Combine cornflour with 1/4 of cup of extra vinegar, add and stir for 5 minutes or until it thickens.