Tasty and seriously good for you, if you haven't tried quinoa then this salad might just convince you it's a good cupboard staple.
- 1 kg crown pumpkin, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons prepared harissa
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Place pumpkin in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until pumpkin is tender and golden.
- Add pumpkin seeds to the pan for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile cook the quinoa in 2 cups of water in a covered saucepan until water is absorbed.
- Place the warm pumpkin, seeds, quinoa and baby spinach leaves in a bowl or platter.
- Mix the harissa with the extra virgin olive oil and drizzle over the salad.
Recipe supplied courtesy of http://www.foodlovers.co.nz