Garden Galore Shady Places Lawn Seed
Ensure a fast-establishing and slow growing lawn with Garden Galore Superstrike Shady Places Lawn Seed. This quality blend of fescue seeds is ideal for lawns in areas where less watering is required - suitable for growing under trees and in semi-shade areas.
Garden Galore Superstrike Shady Places Lawn Seed is ideal for:
- Areas that receive limited sunlight.
- Shaded areas.
- Sloping areas and steep banks.
Garden Galore Superstrike Shady Places Lawn Seed has a revolutionary seed treatment which encourages fast germination of lawn seed (7 days in ideal growing conditions) . The unique treatment protects the seed from insects, fungal diseases and bird theft, for up to 6 weeks, without the need for a thick coating.
Directions for use
- Lawns are best sown in early Spring and early Autumn.
- Clear the area to be sown by spraying weeds and removing debris.
- Then prepare a firm level bed by raking the soil and then lightly rolling to compact.
- Sow seed evenly at a rate of 25g per m2. Sow first in a north-south direction and then again in an east-west direction to ensure complete, even coverage. Lightly rake to cover the seed.
- Water gently and keep damp until germination is completed. Your lawn will benefit from regular watering particularly in the drier months of the year.
- A new lawn will be ready to mow when it has reached a height of 5cm and the root system is established. Set the blades high and ensure they are sharp to protect the young seedlings. Subsequent mowing can be reduced in height to 2.5cm.
Write a review
Garden Galore Shady Places Lawn Seed reviews
Be the first to write a review
Use this handy planting poster as a guide to planting and harvesting common fruit and veges. For more detailed planting information by region of New Zealand, use the interactive tool on this page.Read More
Watermelons are a summer favourite! Vast and sprawling, they are grown the same way as their vege relatives, but the resulting flesh is much sweeter. With their delicious red flesh and glossy green rind, watermelons are a refreshing summer snack.
Try some refreshing summer smoothies made with Wattie's canned or fresh homegrown fruit. For a classic breakfast smoothie - try the Peach smoothie made with peaches and weetbix. Or for something different - try the Plum, Banana and Ginger Coconut smoothie made with coconut water.
Summer is here, and there’s no better time to be making fresh salads, tasty dishes and summer drinks for relaxing afternoons in the sun. Add some flavour to your season and plant a combo of herbs and edible flowers to pick for your creations!
Hydrangeas are a hardy flower favourite that add colour, texture and vibrancy to the garden and provide a stunning show over summer. Follow our tips to get the most from your hydrangeas this summer.
The great Kiwi pavlova just wouldn’t be the same without a generous topping of delicious red strawberries this Christmas. Follow our tips to get the most from your strawberries this summer.