Garden Galore Strawberry Straw
Use Garden Galore Strawberry Straw to suppress weed growth, conserve soil moisture, protect against frost, and keep fruit clean and healthy. Garden Galore Strawberry Straw also adds nitrogen to the soil as it breaks down.
100% barley straw (may contain barley seeds).
Suitable for six strawberry plants.
- Suppresses weed growth
- Conserves soil moisture
- Protects against frost
- Adds nitrogen to the soil as it breaks down
- Promotes healthy fruit growth
- Suitable for six strawberry plants
Directions for use
- Prepare soil for mulching by removing any weeds.
- Break off large handfuls of Garden Galore Strawberry Straw and loosen to expand.
- Place around plants as required to a depth of approximately 50mm.
- Be careful not to leave the mulch touching the trunk/stem of the plants as this can cause rot.
- Water thoroughly and watch your strawberries grow and flourish!
Write a review
Garden Galore Strawberry Straw reviews
Be the first to write a review
Use this handy planting poster as a guide to planting and harvesting common fruit and veges. For more detailed planting information by region of New Zealand, use the interactive tool on this page.Read More
Watermelons are a summer favourite! Vast and sprawling, they are grown the same way as their vege relatives, but the resulting flesh is much sweeter. With their delicious red flesh and glossy green rind, watermelons are a refreshing summer snack.
Try some refreshing summer smoothies made with Wattie's canned or fresh homegrown fruit. For a classic breakfast smoothie - try the Peach smoothie made with peaches and weetbix. Or for something different - try the Plum, Banana and Ginger Coconut smoothie made with coconut water.
Summer is here, and there’s no better time to be making fresh salads, tasty dishes and summer drinks for relaxing afternoons in the sun. Add some flavour to your season and plant a combo of herbs and edible flowers to pick for your creations!
Hydrangeas are a hardy flower favourite that add colour, texture and vibrancy to the garden and provide a stunning show over summer. Follow our tips to get the most from your hydrangeas this summer.
The great Kiwi pavlova just wouldn’t be the same without a generous topping of delicious red strawberries this Christmas. Follow our tips to get the most from your strawberries this summer.