Norlake Fast Germinating Lawn SeedFind a Store
Norlake Premium Fast Germinating Lawn Seed germinates within 7 days and provides a low maintenance lawn suitable for all applications. This blend of fine turf ryegrass and turf fescue has a unique treatment that helps protect seed from insects, fungal diseases and bird theft, for up to six weeks.
Norlake Fast Germinating Premium Lawn Seed is recommended to be used in early spring and early autumn for best results.
*seeds will germinate in 7 days under ideal growing conditions.
750g covers approximately 30 square metres.
2.5kg covers approximately 100 square metres.
- Fine turf amenity ryegrass and fescue blend.
- Creates a fast establishing, fine-medium textured lawn.
- Germinates in 7 days*.
- Treated with bird repellent.
Directions for use
- Prior to sowing lawn, clear the area by spraying weeds and removing debris. Then prepare a firm level bed by raking the soil gently and then lightly rolling to compact.
- Sow seed evenly at a rate of 25 grams per square metre. Sow first in a north-south direction and then again in an east-west direction to ensure complete, even coverage.
- Rake gently to cover the seed.
- Water gently and keep damp until germination is completed.
- A new lawn will be ready to mow when it has reached a height of 5cm and the root system is established. Set the blades high and ensure they are sharp to protect the young seedlings. Subsequent mowing can be reduced in height to 2.5cm.
Write a review
Norlake Fast Germinating Lawn Seed reviews
Be the first to write a review
Grow a hardwearing lawn for high use areas.
Norlake Hardwearing Coated Lawn Seed contains perennial ryegrass and fescue for a hardy lawn. The coating includes a bird repellent, fungicide and fertiliser for even growth.
Sow in high use areas such as backyards, playgrounds and driveways for a hardwearing lawn.
Covers approximately 150 square metres.
Our handy calendar showing you when to plant veges and flowers in your region, including harvest dates.Read More
Hydrangea’s are hardy campaigners that add colour, texture and vibrancy to the garden. The flowers are perfect for picking and drying and are widely used in bouquets or own their own in a vase. As Hydrangea flowers ages the colour fades to reveal wonderful antique shades of lime, rose and copper which are simply beautiful.
Simple yet delicious, this recipe pairs two popular garden harvests for a tasty dish the whole family will love. Many of you have summer spuds ready to dig or already dug from the garden. With a dash of lemon, butter and fragrant oregano (freshly snipped from the garden!) you can spruce up your roast spuds.
Recycle your organic kitchen waste straight into the garden with the new Tui Worm Tower. Simply top up the Tower with your organic waste for the worms to process into rich nutrients to feed your plants. Simple to assemble and easy to use, the Tui Worm Tower can hold up to 1,000 worms! We've put together a guide to setting up in your garden.
Autumn is a major harvest period with an abundance of goodies ready to enjoy from the garden. Often there are too many harvests to eat at once. Pickling is a great way to save your veges for later. Food in a Minute have put together this all-purpose 5-ingredient brine perfect for pickling all your favourite veges. Simply and easy to make!
Autumn is a major harvest season in the garden. While there’s plenty to pick, there’s also plenty to plant as we head into the cooler months of year.
Autumn is the best time to plant and feed flowering bulbs for a splash of colour in your garden. Tulips, daffodils, hyacinths or freesias - whatever your bloom of choice, filling your piece of paradise with fragrant floral displays will reward you with a stunning show and bring you joy on the daily.