Norlake Fast Germinating Lawn Seed
Norlake Premium Fast Germinating Lawn Seed germinates within 7 days and provides a low maintenance lawn suitable for all applications. This blend of fine turf ryegrass and turf fescue has a unique treatment that helps protect seed from insects, fungal diseases and bird theft, for up to six weeks.
Norlake Fast Germinating Premium Lawn Seed is recommended to be used in early spring and early autumn for best results.
*seeds will germinate in 7 days under ideal growing conditions.
750g covers approximately 30 square metres.
2.5kg covers approximately 100 square metres.
- Fine turf amenity ryegrass and fescue blend.
- Creates a fast establishing, fine-medium textured lawn.
- Germinates in 7 days*.
- Treated with bird repellent.
Directions for use
- Prior to sowing lawn, clear the area by spraying weeds and removing debris. Then prepare a firm level bed by raking the soil gently and then lightly rolling to compact.
- Sow seed evenly at a rate of 25 grams per square metre. Sow first in a north-south direction and then again in an east-west direction to ensure complete, even coverage.
- Rake gently to cover the seed.
- Water gently and keep damp until germination is completed.
- A new lawn will be ready to mow when it has reached a height of 5cm and the root system is established. Set the blades high and ensure they are sharp to protect the young seedlings. Subsequent mowing can be reduced in height to 2.5cm.
Write a review
Norlake Fast Germinating Lawn Seed reviews
Be the first to write a review
Grow a hardwearing lawn for high use areas.
Norlake Hardwearing Coated Lawn Seed contains perennial ryegrass and fescue for a hardy lawn. The coating includes a bird repellent, fungicide and fertiliser for even growth.
Sow in high use areas such as backyards, playgrounds and driveways for a hardwearing lawn.
Covers approximately 150 square metres.
Use this handy planting poster as a guide to planting and harvesting common fruit and veges. For more detailed planting information by region of New Zealand, use the interactive tool on this page.Read More
Watermelons are a summer favourite! Vast and sprawling, they are grown the same way as their vege relatives, but the resulting flesh is much sweeter. With their delicious red flesh and glossy green rind, watermelons are a refreshing summer snack.
Try some refreshing summer smoothies made with Wattie's canned or fresh homegrown fruit. For a classic breakfast smoothie - try the Peach smoothie made with peaches and weetbix. Or for something different - try the Plum, Banana and Ginger Coconut smoothie made with coconut water.
Summer is here, and there’s no better time to be making fresh salads, tasty dishes and summer drinks for relaxing afternoons in the sun. Add some flavour to your season and plant a combo of herbs and edible flowers to pick for your creations!
Hydrangeas are a hardy flower favourite that add colour, texture and vibrancy to the garden and provide a stunning show over summer. Follow our tips to get the most from your hydrangeas this summer.
The great Kiwi pavlova just wouldn’t be the same without a generous topping of delicious red strawberries this Christmas. Follow our tips to get the most from your strawberries this summer.