Tui Certified Seed Potatoes
The humble potato is a staple on many dinner tables around New Zealand. Roasted, boiled, mashed or in a salad - no matter how you serve yours, they will always taste better dug out of your own garden. Tui Certified Seed Potatoes are available in a wide range of varieties, and are certified to ensure they are true to type and will grow a healthy crop. Certification comes with assurance the potatoes are free from pests and diseases.
Plant in garden beds or containers, and harvest a bumper crop of homegrown potatoes this season.
Read our Potato Growing Guide to find out how you can grow the perfect spuds.
- Wide range of varieties avaliable.
- Certified to ensure they are true to type and will grow a healthy crop.
Directions for use
Directions for planting in garden beds:
- Buy your seed potatoes at least a month before planting to enable them to sprout. Remove them from the bag and place in trays in a dry, airy spot away from direct sunlight, until sprouts are approximately 20-40mm long.
- Make long furrows in the soil approximately 300mm apart for smaller varieties and 400mm apart for main crop and larger varieties.
- Place seed potatoes approximately 250mm apart in the furrows.
- Cover with up to 50mm of soil.
- Continue mounding your potatoes as shoots grow, until they are approximately 300mm tall. This protects them from wind and frost, prevents light reaching tubers and turning them green, and encourages tuber development.
Directions for planting in containers:
- If you are short on space you can grow your potatoes in containers, large plastic bags or a bucket - just make sure there are plenty of drainage holes.
- Place seed potatoes in Tui Vegetable Mix near the bottom of the container.
- As the sprouts grow, keep adding mix until it is up to the brim of the container.
Do not plant potatoes in the same place each year and avoid planting them where tomatoes have been planted the previous season, to reduce the risk of spreading disease.
Write a review
Tui Certified Seed Potatoes reviews
Be the first to write a review
The humble potato is a Kiwi staple on many dinner tables. Roasted, boiled, mashed or in a salad, no matter how you serve yours, they will always taste better dug out of your own garden.
Tui Potato Food is specially formulated for home gardens. It contains all the necessary nutrients to give you high yielding, quality potatoes. High levels of phosphorus and potassium promote healthy tuber production and plant growth.
Use in your garden beds, and you'll be harvesting a bumper crop of tasty homegrown potatoes this season.
Whether your vege patch is bursting with salad greens for summer barbeques, or carrots and leeks for hearty winter soups, nothing beats the satisfaction of ‘growing your own'. Tui Vegetable Mix is a high quality natural-based planting mix containing the right blend of nutrients to provide your veges with the best possible start and sustained growth throughout the season.
Use in your garden beds, pots and containers, and you'll be harvesting a bumper crop of homegrown veges in no time. Follow our 3 step Vegetable Growing Guide >
Use this handy planting poster as a guide to planting and harvesting common fruit and veges. For more detailed planting information by region of New Zealand, use the interactive tool on this page.Read More
Watermelons are a summer favourite! Vast and sprawling, they are grown the same way as their vege relatives, but the resulting flesh is much sweeter. With their delicious red flesh and glossy green rind, watermelons are a refreshing summer snack.
Try some refreshing summer smoothies made with Wattie's canned or fresh homegrown fruit. For a classic breakfast smoothie - try the Peach smoothie made with peaches and weetbix. Or for something different - try the Plum, Banana and Ginger Coconut smoothie made with coconut water.
Cool Plants offers beautiful indoor plants online, plus a wider range of plants, planters and accessories from our Tauranga showroom. We provide plant consultations, expert advice and individualised plant care to ensure our customers get the best from their greenery.
Summer is here, and there’s no better time to be making fresh salads, tasty dishes and summer drinks for relaxing afternoons in the sun. Add some flavour to your season and plant a combo of herbs and edible flowers to pick for your creations!
Hydrangeas are a hardy flower favourite that add colour, texture and vibrancy to the garden and provide a stunning show over summer. Follow our tips to get the most from your hydrangeas this summer.