Tui Certified Seed PotatoesFind a Store
The humble potato is a staple on many dinner tables around New Zealand. Roasted, boiled, mashed or in a salad - no matter how you serve yours, they will always taste better dug out of your own garden. Tui Certified Seed Potatoes are available in a wide range of varieties, and are certified to ensure they are true to type and will grow a healthy crop. Certification comes with assurance the potatoes are free from pests and diseases.
Plant in garden beds or containers, and harvest a bumper crop of homegrown potatoes this season.
Read our Potato Growing Guide to find out how you can grow the perfect spuds.
- Wide range of varieties avaliable.
- Certified to ensure they are true to type and will grow a healthy crop.
Directions for use
Directions for planting in garden beds:
- Buy your seed potatoes at least a month before planting to enable them to sprout. Remove them from the bag and place in trays in a dry, airy spot away from direct sunlight, until sprouts are approximately 20-40mm long.
- Make long furrows in the soil approximately 300mm apart for smaller varieties and 400mm apart for main crop and larger varieties.
- Place seed potatoes approximately 250mm apart in the furrows.
- Cover with up to 50mm of soil.
- Continue mounding your potatoes as shoots grow, until they are approximately 300mm tall. This protects them from wind and frost, prevents light reaching tubers and turning them green, and encourages tuber development.
Do not plant potatoes in the same place each year and avoid planting them where tomatoes have been planted the previous season, to reduce the risk of spreading disease.
Directions for planting in containers:
- If you are short on space you can grow your potatoes in containers, large plastic bags or a bucket - just make sure there are plenty of drainage holes.
- Place seed potatoes in Tui Vegetable Mix near the bottom of the container.
- As the sprouts grow, keep adding mix until it is up to the brim of the container.
Write a review
Tui Certified Seed Potatoes reviews
Be the first to write a review
The humble potato is a staple on many dinner tables around New Zealand. Roasted, boiled, mashed or in a salad - no matter how you serve yours, they always taste better dug out of your own garden. Tui Potato Food is specially formulated for home gardens. It contains all the necessary nutrients to give you high yielding, quality potatoes. High levels of phosphorus and potassium promote healthy tuber production and plant growth.
Use in your garden beds, and you'll be harvesting a bumper crop of tasty homegrown potatoes this season.
N-P-K 3-8-6 + S, Mg, Ca & trace elements.
Whether your vege patch is bursting with salad greens for summer barbeques, or carrots and leeks for hearty winter soups, nothing beats the satisfaction of ‘growing your own'. Tui Vegetable Mix is a high quality natural-based planting mix containing the right blend of nutrients to provide your veges with the best possible start and sustained growth throughout the season.
Use in your garden beds, pots and containers, and you'll be harvesting a bumper crop of homegrown veges in no time.
Our handy calendar showing you when to plant veges and flowers in your region, including harvest dates.Read More
Also known as sweet potato, kūmara is a firm Kiwi favourite. High in fibre and providing essential nutrients including calcium and iron, it is a superfood of the garden. Kūmara is a root crop that grows underground in a similar way to potatoes. Follow our step by step guide.
One will never be enough! Light and delicate, these fritters are bursting with flavour from the feta, fresh courgettes and pesto. Eat them just as they are, or squeeze over some lemon juice as you eat them!
Courgettes or zucchinis are a summer vege garden staple for many Kiwi gardeners. With bright yellow flowers, they have a wide range of uses; grated into salads, stir-fries, quiches and preserves, or sliced and grilled on the BBQ. Check out answers to common problems and tips to courgette success.
Summery yellows and striking whites are trending this season with these stunning new plants from Zealandia. Available in stores now.
Go from garden to table with ease this summer by growing delicious ingredients for your favourite summer meals. It’s not only about the edibles - spruce up your entertaining space with some luscious green foliage to complete your oasis.