In this policy
- "our", "we", "us" or "Tui" means Evergreen Garden Care NZ Ltd providing you with our services.
- "you" or "Customer" means you, the person using our services, buying our products or visiting our website.
- "Goods" or "Services" means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website.
- the "Site" refers to www.tuigarden.co.nz
- "Evergreen Garden" refers to Evergreen Garden Care NZ Ltd trading as www.tuigarden.co.nz
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, items you add to card, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information".
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including basic contact details such as name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, and phone number.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information in order to measure the effectiveness of our website design and function to help deliver you inspiring and relevant content, and a great website experience. For example we look at the number of visitors to different pages of the site to measure the effectiveness of page design and functionality.
Although we may publish aggregated information about usage patterns, we do not disclose information about individual machines or persons except for the reasons set out below in this section. We do not sell information which identifies you personally. We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about security issues. If we think it is necessary, we can disclose information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs.
Use of Order Information:
We use Order Information primarily to process and fulfil orders placed via our site, including payment processing, shipping arrangements, and sending invoices or order confirmations.
Additionally, this information helps us:
- Engage with you better and help us create a better website experience.
- Screen orders for potential risks or fraud.
- Share information or promotions related to our products or services, provided it aligns with your shared preferences.
Enhancing Site Security and Experience:
Device Information, especially your IP address, helps us screen for potential risks and frauds.
We also utilize this data to enhance our website by analyzing customer interactions and evaluating the success of our marketing endeavors.
If you share personal information, such as your email address, by completing forms on our website, and grant us permission to contact you, we may communicate about products and services we believe you will find relevant. This includes, but is not limited to sending our Tui email newsletter.
We may tailor emails based on your region, purchase history or gardening interests to ensure relevance.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected or deleted please contact us, or write to PO Box 4404, Mount Maunganui South 3149.
Use of "Cookies"
A 'cookie' is a file which allows us to track and target the interests of users. Our website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer. In addition, our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, including the following features:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting - which gives us additional insight into who has viewed our paid digital advertising on other websites. This will help us optimise and tailor our advertising.
- DoubleClick Platform integrations & Remarketing with Google Analytics – the integrations between both our web analytics and paid advertising platforms together to give us additional insight. This allows us to tailor our advertising to ensure the right types of content are shown to you while you are using the internet outside our website.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting - which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
4. STORAGE AND RETENTION
Information we collect from you may be stored or processed outside of New Zealand where the relevant Internet Site is hosted on a server located outside New Zealand (e.g. hosted in the “cloud”). When we disclose personal information to third parties based offshore, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to the transfer of personal information offshore.
We will keep your personal information for as long as is required for the purpose for which it was collected such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
When the personal information is no longer required and is not required to be retained by law, we will destroy, delete or permanently anonymise it (except for any personal information located on an off-site server or which is stored as electronic back-up data that cannot be readily accessed).
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
5. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to access to personal information we hold about you where it is stored in such a way that it can be readily be retrieved. If the personal information we hold about you is not accurate or complete, then you may ask us to correct it.
To update your personal information, such as your email address, please contact us.
On the Tui website we are using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This is the most accepted way of ensuring the security of transmitted information to and from Internet sites worldwide. On our site, it operates when you complete and send forms, but not while you are simply browsing the site.
7. OPTING OUT
TURNING OFF COOKIES
HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAIL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
There are two ways to unsubscribe to any email message
- Follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email.
- Emailing us on email@example.com
HOW DO I FILE A COMPLAINT?
If you feel that your email address has been used without your permission and contacting the sender has not yielded satisfactory results you can issue a formal complaint by emailing us here.
8. User Generated Content
The Services may enable you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit user generated content to any public area of the Services, this content will be public and accessible by anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available, or for the accuracy, use or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
9. CHANGING THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy. We will post any updated policy on our website.
To view our Terms and Conditions of Use, and our Legal disclaimer click here.