Steps to fertilise a lawn using a hand-held spreader
For best results, apply fertiliser to dry grass.
- Multiply the square metres of your lawn by the recommended application rate, to determine exactly how much fertiliser you need to cover the lawn at the correct rate. You will find the recommended application rate on the fertiliser pack.
- Select spreader setting 4.
- Hold the spreader level, walk steadily while pressing the trigger down and turning the handle.
- To obtain even coverage, spread half the required amount in a north-south direction, then the other half in an east-west direction. Avoid contact of fertiliser with paths, driveways and other porous or hard surfaces as the iron content may stain.
- Water in well after application.