Add some colour to your brown rice salad! This one has it - all beans, radishes, asparagus, hazelnuts, topped with pomegranate seeds and tasty Eta Avocado & Garlic Dressing.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 500g packet Wattie's Broad Beans
- 1 bunch asparagus or 100g green beans, trimmed
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 250ml bottle Eta Avocado & Garlic Dressing
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Place the brown rice into a medium saucepan and cook as per packet instructions.
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the frozen Wattie's Broad Beans, bring back to the boil and blanch for 1 minute. Remove from the saucepan, run under old water to cool then peel.
- Add the asparagus or beans to the water and blanch for 2 minutes until barely tender and bright green. Drain and cool in iced water. Place the rice in a salad bowl or platter with the broad beans, asparagus or green beans, radishes and baby spinach. Drizzle over ½ cup Eta Avocado & Garlic Dressing.
- Top with the hazelnuts, mint and pomegranate seeds. Toss gently before serving.
Try a wild rice blend instead of the brown rice.