Put your summer chilli and capsicum harvests to good use with this tasty and versatile sweet chilli sauce. Thank you to Elaine of Taranaki for sharing her recipe!
- 250g hot chillies
- 250g capsicums
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 10cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped.
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Salt to season
- Place chillies, capsicums, garlic and chopped ginger into a food processor.
- Blend until finely chopped.
- Put mixture into a saucepan and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over a high heat and bring to the boil. Stirring often. Then turn down to simmer for about 40-60 minutes or untill mixture thickens. Stir occastionally.
- Add cornflour mixed in a little cold water, at the end of cooking.
- Pour into sterilised bottles and seal while hot.