Char-grill your homegrown corn to add extra flavour to this low carb salsa. Perfect over the summer season.
- 2 cobs of corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brush corn with olive oil and cook on a barbecue or grill plate until coloured all over.
- Allow to cool enough to handle and then scrape the kernels off with the blade of a knife.
- In a bowl combine corn with red onion, balsamic vinegar, coriander and olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavours to merge.
Serve with grilled chicken.
Recipe supplied courtesy of www.foodlovers.co.nz