Put your fresh summer berries to good use with Mary's Mix Berry Jam recipe! Use a variety of juicy berries to make a delicious jam perfect for your toast, pikelets and scones.
- 3 cups of fresh mixed berries - strawberries, blackberry, boysenberry and blackcurrants all work well.
- 1 1/3 cup of water.
- 3 cups sugar.
Note: If you don't have fresh berries, frozen berries can be used. Reduce the amount of water to 1/2 cup.
- Place fruit in a large pot.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Measure and add sugar.
- Bring back to the boil and boil hard until well set when tested.
- Cool slightly, then pour into small hot jars.
- Put lids on and seal.