These mini strawberry cheesecakes are a Garden to Table special and they're so easy to make!
This recipe was written to celebrate your homegrown strawberries, but they might be so delicious that they pop into your mouth before they get to the kitchen. If this happens, you can use any berries or seasonal fruit!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut threads or dessicated coconut
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 strawberries
- 1 teaspoon Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180° C & line 6 holes of a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Spread oats and coconut out in a ovenproof dish. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes. Caution – hot! Ask an adult to help you with this.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of honey and mix. Add the oats and coconut and mix well until coated. Caution – hot! Ask an adult to help you with this.
- Put a spoonful of mixture into the base of each cupcake case and use the back of a spoon to press down firmly.
- Zest the lemon. Put the cream cheese, yoghurt, vanilla, the other tablespoon of honey and lemon zest in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases on top of the oat mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. They should still wobble a little. Caution – hot! Ask an adult to help you with this.
- Chop the strawberries. Squeeze half the lemon.
- Mix the strawberries with 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice and the icing sugar in a small bowl until coated.
- When the cheesecakes have cooled slightly, divide the strawberries over the top of each cheesecake.