A good crumble is a winter staple, and this recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 6 rhubarb stems, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 (firm) ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Place rhubarb in a baking dish (the one you will cook the crumble in)
- Sprinkle sugar over it, cover with a lid or foil, and bake for 15 minutes
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until pale and creamy
- Mix in remaining ingredients apart from fruit and combine well.
- When rhubarb is cooked, add banana and berries, and then sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until topping golden and firm.
Recipe taken with permission from The Tui NZ Vegetable Garden, by Rachel Vogan, recipes by Helen Jackson www.foodlovers.co.nz