Cass from the Tui Team has shared her family's recipe for Rhubarb and White Chocolate Cake. Cass's Tip: "I like to leave the rhubarb in chunks and use white choc buttons so you bite into big bits of rhubarb and chocolate!"
- 1 1/4 cups of finely chopped uncooked rhubarb
- 100g of good quality white choc chips
- 2 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt
- 125g of butter, melted
- Combine the rhubarb, chocolate, flour and sugar in one bowl.
- Combine the vanilla, egg, yoghurt and butter in another bowl.
- Stir the dry and wet ingredients together until just combined.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 1hr or until cooked.
Tip: If the mixture seems quite dry, try adding a little milk.