Brighten up your snacks with edible flowers!
Discover Diane's colourful spread, which is also great as a dip, and makes the most of whatever herbs and edible blooms you're growing at home.
- 2-3 handfuls of herbs & edible flowers
- 150g cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic & herb salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pick a few handfuls of whatever herbs and edible flowers you have growing, for example parsley, basil, coriander, borage, nasturtium, rose petals or marigold.
- Wash the herbs and flowers then carefully dry on paper towels.
- Chop or tear them into a suitable size.
- Mash the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Blend in the yoghurt until smooth.
- Add seasonings and lemon juice.
- Gently fold in most of the herbs & flowers saving a few as a garnish.
- Serve in a small bowl with crackers or raw carrots & celery sticks!