Lydean of Wellington is kindly sharing her very popular shortcake for the first time! With a gooey sticky topping and distinct flavours, this sweet treat is luxurious to eat.
For the base:
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup flour
For the topping:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 passionfruits pulp
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of white choc pieces or buttons
If you don't have any passionfruit and fresh raspberries, use passionfruit pulp from a jar and frozen raspberries.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in flour to create a crumbly shortcake mixture.
- Press into a lined 20cm sponge roll tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the topping, beat sugar and eggs together until gooey and well combined.
- Add flour and and baking powder and stir well.
- Add fruit and chocolate and combine.
- Pour over shortcake base and cook a further 20-25 mins at 180 degrees until light brown on top.
- Remove form oven to cool.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into fingers to serve.