This little beauty of a salad is courtesy of our friends at www.fresh.co.nz. A delicious and simple way to use in-season avocados and asparagus, combined with fresh herbs from your garden.
- 3 bunches of asparagus (approx 1 kg)
- 2 medium avocados
- 130 g baby spinach leaves (approx)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of fresh mint
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Steam asparagus until just tender and bright green.
- Plunge the asparagus into cold water to halt the cooking time and drain well.
- Set aside.
- Peel the avocados then dice the flesh.
- Toss with the lemon juice and lemon zest, then add to the asparagus.
- Combine in large bowl with baby spinach.
- Whisk together the white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, caster sugar, mint and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle over the slivered almonds.
- Pour over the salad and toss lightly.
Courtesy of www.fresh.co.nz