Looking for a winter warmer? Try this delicious creamy soup with your fresh cauliflower harvests - the perfect addition to a wintery evening!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sized cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300ml cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Heat the oil and butter in large saucepan, add the leek and the garlic, cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or until the leek is soft but not brown.
- Increase the heat to high, add the cauliflower, potatoes and stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower and potato are tender.
- Puree until smooth. Return to saucepan and add the cream and lemon juice.
- Reheat gently for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped chives.
Recipe courtesy of www.foodlovers.co.nz