- Feijoas (washed and halved)
- 2 lemons
- Almost cover feijoas with water in a large pot. Simmer until fruit is soft. (about 10 minutes).
- Drain off and reserve the liquid. Mash the fruit.
- Strain fruit through muslin, dripping over a bowl overnight.
- Measure the reserved liquid added to the liquid strained overnight.
- Allow 3/4 cup of sugar for each cup of liquid.
- Bring liquid to the boil, add sugar and the juice of 2 lemons.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer until jelly forms on a cold plate.
- Cool slightly. Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
Sent in by Janene Joll from Rotorua