- 4 peaches, peeled, stoned and finely chopped
- 50g crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 500g packet puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Mix the peaches, ginger and icing sugar together. Strain to remove as much liquid as possible.
- On a floured board, roll out the pastry to a 30cm square.
- Cut into 9 squares of approximately 10cm.
- Place a strip of the peach mixture along the centre of each square.
- Brush each edge of the squares with the egg yolk and fold over to the opposite side.
- Press down to seal edges with a fork. Glaze top with egg wash.
- Place on a greased baking tray and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes while oven warms up. Preheat oven to 220. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from The Tui NZ Fruit Garden book