This tasty twist on leek soup is the perfect winter warmer and a great way to use up your leek harvests!
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium sized leeks, cleaned & thinly sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp plain flour
- 200g whole yoghurt
- 150g double cream
- 500ml vegetable stock
Note: use dried mint rather than fresh mint.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan until the butter starts to foam.
- Add the leeks and paprika, cooking slowly for about 45 mins to an hour, stirring occasionally until the leeks are sweet and caramelised, then set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and flour together (this should stop the yoghurt splitting when it is heated).
- Add the yoghurt and cream, then stir in the stock.
- Add the mixture to the leeks in the pan, then heat gently. Don't allow the soup to boil, but remove from the heat just before it begins to bubble.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a sprinkling of paprika.