Are you keen to start a vege garden but not sure how? Nothing beats that rewarding feeling of harvesting fresh food you’ve grown yourself at home, and it’s never too late to start. Discover how to set up your vege garden.
1. There’s all sorts of great beginner veges and herbs to choose from. Choose plants that are suitable for growing at the current time, where you live. Check
out our Planting Calendar here
- Some of our favourite beginner crops include spinach, spring onion, celery, leek, radish, parsley, lettuce/rocket/mesclun, thyme, kale and chives.
2. Choose a sunny spot that is easy to access for harvesting and prepare your soil. The better the soil, the more success.
3. Soak seedings in a bucket of Tui Organic Seaweed Plant Tonic before planting and plant veges either in garden beds or pots & containers. Re-apply every 2–4 weeks for an extra boost.
4. Plants need nutrients to grow. Feed your veges with Tui NovaTec Premium fertiliser to provide nutrients for up to four months.
5. Stop slugs and snails from munching on your garden with Tui Quash.
6. Harvest your veges once they’re the size you see them in the supermarket.
And that's us for veges! Follow our never fail vege growing guide here >