When choosing a lawn seed it’s a good idea to think about the look you would like to achieve and the way your lawn is used.
The Tui LawnForce® Superstrike® Lawn Seed range offers a variety of lawn seeds to suit your garden and a unique treatment for fast establishment. Discover the benefits below.
Tui LawnForce® Superstrike® Lawn Seed varieties feature a unique treatment which encourages fast establishment of lawn seed, so you can see results in as little as seven days*.
This industry leading treatment also protects the seed from common fungal diseases during establishment and reduces bird theft. It includes an additive which effectively binds the treatment to the seed, minimising dust.
*Seeds will germinate in 7 days in ideal weather and soil conditions and when the correct steps are followed. In non-ideal conditions, germination may take longer.
The seed is also protected against insects, fungal diseases and bird theft.
Choose the right Tui LawnForce® Superstrike® Lawn Seed for your backyard based on location, use and climatic conditions. Whether you require a low maintenance lawn, a hardwearing lawn for high traffic areas, a fine textured, ornamental lawn, a drought tolerant lawn for sandy soils, or a lawn in a shady spot.
Tui LawnForce® Superstrike Lawn Seed range
- Easycare creates a fast establishing, but slow growing lawn so you can spend less time mowing and maintaining your lawn, and more time enjoying it. The blend includes quality ryegrass and turf fescue, for a lush, green lawn, suited to medium-high use areas.
- Hardwearing offers a fast establishing, hardwearing lawn to withstand the everyday wear and tear of children, pets and cars. This hardwearing blend includes ryegrass and turf fescue for a lawn suited to backyards, playgrounds, driveways and other high use areas.
- Hot & Dry is perfect for sunny, dry or coastal areas. The blend of tall fescue, fine turf ryegrass and Kentucky bluegrass creates a drought tolerant lawn with deep penetrating roots suitable for medium-high use areas.
- Tall Fescue creates a dense dark green and drought tolerant lawn ideal for landscape and ornamental lawns.
- Superfine is the ideal choice for a fast establishing, but slow growing lawn for less mowing. Our Superfine blend includes turf fescue and browntop for a fine textured ornamental lawn.
- Shady Places is a blend suited to shady spots - such as under trees. The combination of tall fescue and fine turf fescues creates a slow growing, deep green lawn that will thrive in less sunlight and require less mowing.
- All Seasons is a blend of two varieties of fine turf rye, bred in New Zealand for New Zealand conditions. The inclusion of winter-active seed varieties ensures it continues to grow even in cooler temperatures, creating a superior lawn year-round.
5 steps to lawn success
- Autumn and spring are the best times for lawn care.
- Clear away existing grass and weeds, then apply a layer of Tui LawnForce® Lawn Preparation Mix.
- Choose a lawn seed suited to your climate and lawn use.
- Sow seed on a fine day, rake gently to cover seed and water lightly.
- Feed your lawn in spring and autumn with a specialised lawn fertiliser.