Tui Pea Straw Mulch 90L
Tui Pea Straw Mulch is the perfect finishing touch to create a tidy, well cared for look in your garden, while providing all the benefits that come from mulching. Mulching protects your plants from extremes in temperatures, keeps roots moist, suppresses weed growth, and adds valuable nitrogen to your soil as it breaks down.
Use Tui Pea Straw Mulch throughout your garden, in pots, and containers to keep your piece of paradise in tip-top condition.
Made from 100% pea straw (may contain pea seeds).
- 100% natural pea straw.
- Suppresses weed growth, protects roots against extremes in temperature, and conserves moisture.
- Adds valuable nitrogen to the soil as it breaks down, improving soil structure.
- Suitable for all plant types in garden beds, pots and containers; and for use when creating no-dig gardens.
Directions for use
Directions for use in garden beds, pots and containers
- Prior to applying Tui Pea Straw Mulch, prepare the garden area by clearing weeds and watering plants thoroughly.
- Break off large handfuls of Tui Pea Straw Mulch and loosen to expand. Shake away from garden bed when you loosen to remove as many residual pea seeds as possible.
- Apply Tui Pea Straw to a depth of approximately 50mm, taking care to avoid leaving mulch touching the trunk/plant stem as this can cause rot.
- This 90L bag will cover approximately 2 square metres.
Apply Tui Pea Straw every six months to help protect plants, condition soil, and suppress weed growth for optimum plant growth.
If pea seedlings do sprout, simply remove by carefully pulling them out.
Write a review
Tui Pea Straw Mulch 90L reviews
When struggling to lift as you get older or if you have an injury, or wanting to create a no dig garden this has been a wonderful addition to my garden routine!