This recipe comes from Samantha of Marlborough and is a great way to enjoy your garden harvests and fresh herbs. Eat on it's own or as a side salad to your meal. Samantha says it is quite simply the best salad she has ever made!
- 3-4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- About 1 cup fresh green beans, stems removed
- 1½ cups fresh rocket
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp thinly sliced fresh chives
- Leaves from 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Leaves from a sprig of oregano, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives
- 2-4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- Place the tomatoes on a dish and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Let the tomatoes marinate while you prepare the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Blanch the green beans by dropping them into boiling water. After 4 minutes drain and transfer them to ice water to stop their cooking. Drain and dry the beans.
- To assemble the salad, place the tomatoes on a plate.
- Toss together the beans, tomato wedges, rocket, and 3/4 of the herbs in the balsamic vinegar remaining from the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Arrange this mixture on top of the sliced tomatoes. Dot with the cheese and Kalamata olives.
- Arrange the quartered eggs around the salad.
Sprinkle the salad with the remaining herbs and additional salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.