Tui Strawberry Straw
Tui Strawberry Straw is ideal for mulching around strawberry plants in garden beds, pots and containers.
Tui Strawberry Straw suppresses weed growth, protects roots from extremes in temperature, conserves moisture and keeps fruit healthy to avoid fungal disease. It also adds nitrogen to the soil as it breaks down.
Made from 100% barley straw (may contain barley seeds).
- Suppresses weed growth.
- Protects roots from extremes in temperature.
- Conserves moisture.
- Keeps fruit healthy to avoid fungal disease.
- Adds valuable nitrogen to the soil as it breaks down.
- Expands to 4X the volume (sufficient for approximately 6 strawberry plants).
Directions for use
- Prepare soil for mulching by removing any weeds.
- Break off large handfuls of Tui Strawberry Straw and loosen to expand. Shake away from garden bed when you loosen to remove as many residual barley seeds as possible.
- Apply around plants to a depth of approximately 50mm.
- Take care not to leave the straw touching the stem of your plants as this can cause rot.
If barley seedlings do sprout, simply remove by carefully pulling them out.
Write a review
Tui Strawberry Straw reviews
First time planting strawberries and used this to mulch around. Keeps moisture in on hot days and minimises the soil loss in temperature over night. Already flowering my strawberries will not be sitting on wet soil to cause rot. Looking forward to eating them when they ripen!
I am another unhappy customer with this Tui Strawberry straw product. My strawberry patch is overrun with Barley growth. What a mission to remove. Not impressed.