Tui Tomato Mix
No matter how you choose to enjoy yours; in sandwiches, salads, roasted or plucked straight from the vine, tomatoes take pride of place in every Kiwi's garden over the summer months. Tui Tomato Mix is a high quality planting mix containing the right blend of nutrients to provide your tomatoes with the best possible start and sustained growth throughout the season. We’ve added extra potassium to this mix, just what your tomato plants need to encourage a plentiful harvest of big juicy fruit.
Use in your garden beds and in pots and containers, and you’ll be harvesting a bumper crop of homegrown tomatoes this summer. Follow our 3 step Tomato Growing Guide >
- A six month controlled release fertiliser provides sustained feeding for optimum plant health.
- SaturAid wetting agent to spread water evenly to the root zone and encourage rapid root development.
- Potassium to enhance fruit and flower development.
- 100% weed free.
Directions for use
Directions for planting in garden beds:
- Water plants thoroughly before planting and allow to drain.
- Add a layer of mix to the planting area.
- Dig a hole, approximately twice the depth and width of the root ball of your plant.
- Gently loosen the root ball of your plant and position in the centre of the hole.
- Fill in with Tui Tomato Mix.
- Press soil gently around the base of the plant.
- Water your plant well and continue to water regularly.
Directions for planting in pots and containers:
- Water plants thoroughly before potting and allow to drain.
- Half fill your container with Tui Tomato Mix.
- Gently take the plant from the current container, loosen the root ball and remove any loose or dead plant material and roots.
- Position the plant in the centre of the new container and fill with Tui Tomato Mix up to 3cm from the top.
- Gently firm the mix around the base of the plant. The mix should be at the same level on the plant as it was in the previous container.
- Water your plant well and continue to water regularly.
Stake your tomatoes when planting to provide support and avoid damaging the roots later on.
As your tomatoes grow remove the laterals to encourage bigger and better fruit. Laterals are the shoots that grow out from the side of the stem.
Write a review
Tui Tomato Mix reviews
Another good product from Tui. I use this in my greenhouse with good results. Tomatoes love it
In sandwiches or salads roasted or plucked straight from the vine – tomatoes take pride of place in every Kiwi’s garden over the summer months, no matter how you choose to enjoy yours.
Tui Tomato Food is a blend of nitrogen, phosphorus and a generous amount of potassium, formulated to promote the growth and fruit potential of all types of tomatoes. Adding Tui Tomato Food during the growing season will replace nutrients taken from the soil and ensure you get the most out of your tomato plants.
Use in your garden beds, and you'll be harvesting a bumper crop of flavoursome homegrown tomatoes this season.
N–P–K 3–4–8 + sulphur, magnesium, calcium & trace elements.
Your fruit, veges and flowers require higher levels of potassium to encourage superior growth.
The addition of Tui Sulphate of Potash Fast Acting to your garden will boost the performance of your crops and flowers, strengthen plant stems and increase resistance to unwanted insect pests and disease.
Use throughout your garden, to reap the rewards of superior plant performance.
N - P - K 0 - 0 - 42 + S
500g covers up to 25 square metres.
2.5L covers up to 50 square metres (please note 2.5L is equivalent to approx. 1kg).
SaturAid granular soil wetter is a unique and worthwhile addition to all gardens. It saves you time and money as it reduces water use by up to 50%.
It is a granular soil wetter made from coir and other non toxic ingredients. When applied, it channels water to the root zone where it is needed most. SaturAid promotes even water distribution so there is less water run off and dry spots in potting mix and soils. It makes watering, rainfall and fertilisers more effective, even in sandy, clay or compacted soils.
Apply SaturAid to all areas of the garden including indoor and outdoor pot plants, shrubs, garden beds and lawns. As SaturAid is made from eco-friendly materials it is safe to use in the vegetable garden. SaturAid will start working immediately.
Note: SaturAid is not a water storing crystal. It is not a jelly like substance that holds water in the soil.
Use this handy planting poster as a guide to planting and harvesting common fruit and veges. For more detailed information by region of NZ, use the interactive tool on this page.Read More
Watermelons are a summer favourite! Vast and sprawling, they are grown the same way as their vege relatives, but the resulting flesh is much sweeter. With their delicious red flesh and glossy green rind, watermelons are a refreshing summer snack.
Get the most from the end of passionfruit season by making these simple, delicious and low sugar passionfruit bliss balls shared by Holly. You can also freeze the passionfruit pulp so you can make more of these tasty treats in the coming months.
More time at home means more time to enjoy in the garden. To help you keep growing this autumn we've put together some handy ways to plant more crops and flowers.
This includes ways to grow plants for free from cuttings, growing from seed, saving seeds and swapping plants with your neighbours!
We know that people can’t go out and buy plants and garden products at present, so we've put together our top five things you can do to keep your garden healthy and ticking over at this time. Including creating your own compost, saving seeds so you have free plants, weeding, mulching and pruning fruit trees.