Tui All Purpose Potting Mix
Ferns, palms, potted colour - it doesn't matter whether your corner of paradise is big or small, growing a plant can be one of life's great little pleasures.
Tui All Purpose Potting Mix is specially formulated to give the best start to your indoor and outdoor plants in pots, containers and hanging baskets.
This bag is recyclable through the soft plastics recycling scheme, it just needs to be clean and dry. Learn how to clean and dry your Tui growing media bags here.
- Contains SaturAid wetting agent to spread water evenly to the root zone and encourage rapid root development while preventing soil from becoming waterlogged.
- 100% weed free.
- Suitable for pots, containers and hanging baskets.
- A six month controlled release fertiliser for sustained feeding.
- Packaging made from at least 50% recycled plastic.
Directions for use
Directions for potting plants:
- Water plants thoroughly before potting and allow to drain.
- Half fill your container with Tui All Purpose Potting Mix.
- Gently take the plant from the current container, loosen the root ball and remove any loose or dead plant material and roots.
- Position the plant in the centre of the new container and fill with Tui All Purpose Potting Mix up to 3cm from the top.
- Gently firm potting mix around the base of the plant. The potting mix should be at the same level on the plant as it was in the previous container.
- Water your plant well and continue to water regularly.
Container plants should be regularly re-potted into containers of fresh potting mix.
If plants start shedding leaves and the root ball is dense, they should be re-potted into a larger container.
To check if your plant needs watering, gently press the surface of the mix. If it feels dry, water.
Write a review
Tui All Purpose Potting Mix reviews
Always out of stock. Crazy trying to buy when there is none left
Most pungent product I’ve ever come across! I usually use another brand but I purchased a 40L bag of the Tui mix today and didn’t think much of the smell at the store as I assumed the smell was actually other products, however it turns out it’s this product that has the strongest, most pungent manure smell! It says indoor and outdoor on the bag but there’s no way you could use this indoors, I have filled pots outdoors and it’s still wafting a horrendous smell into my house! You can’t walk near the pots without getting a gross whiff and I’m deeply concerned for the veg I’ve planted in it, I certainly hope the smell hasn’t soaked into my deck from watering! Nothing like a strong smell of poo to get the flies roaming too! So awful! I’m so disappointed, I can see I’m probably going to have to redo everything again with another brand - and perhaps biff the pots too! Highly recommend you stay well away from this mix!