Tui All Purpose Potting Mix
Ferns, palms, potted colour - it doesn't matter whether your corner of paradise is big or small, growing a plant can be one of life's great little pleasures.
Tui All Purpose Potting Mix is specially formulated to give the best start to your indoor and outdoor plants in pots, containers and hanging baskets.
This bag is recyclable through the soft plastics recycling scheme, it just needs to be clean and dry. Learn how to clean and dry your Tui growing media bags here.
- Contains SaturAid wetting agent to spread water evenly to the root zone and encourage rapid root development while preventing soil from becoming waterlogged.
- 100% weed free.
- Suitable for pots, containers and hanging baskets.
- A six month controlled release fertiliser for sustained feeding.
Directions for use
Directions for potting plants:
- Water plants thoroughly before potting and allow to drain.
- Half fill your container with Tui All Purpose Potting Mix.
- Gently take the plant from the current container, loosen the root ball and remove any loose or dead plant material and roots.
- Position the plant in the centre of the new container and fill with Tui All Purpose Potting Mix up to 3cm from the top.
- Gently firm potting mix around the base of the plant. The potting mix should be at the same level on the plant as it was in the previous container.
- Water your plant well and continue to water regularly.
Container plants should be regularly re-potted into containers of fresh potting mix.
If plants start shedding leaves and the root ball is dense, they should be re-potted into a larger container.
To check if your plant needs watering, gently press the surface of the mix. If it feels dry, water.
Write a review
Tui All Purpose Potting Mix reviews
Would like to see some npk numbers on package so can gauge some sort of nutrient plan but other than that is nice quality. --TUI TEAM REPLY: Hi Rory, potting mixes do not have an NPK. The fertilisers that go into them do, but in growing media, nutrient levels are measured is EC (Electrical Conductivity). That is a test to see what free nutrients are available in the mix, and a soil test is the best way to measure EC. All of Tui’s potting mixes and growing media contains nutrients that are tailored to plants specific requirements. ^Tui Team.
I was disappointed with this product, it seemed like it was mostly bark bots rather than potting mix 😒------->TUI TEAM REPLY: Thank you for the feedback regarding Tui All Purpose Potting Mix, this type of information is very useful for Tui Products to monitor our product quality and is therefore much appreciated. To give you some background, Tui All Purpose Potting mix is a mixture of composted plant-based materials including composted bark, with added pumice. The blend of these base raw materials has been specifically formulated with the size and ratio of these products to ensure that the final potting mix has the correct drainage and water-holding capacity for optimal plant growth and health. We carry out regular testing to ensure that the quality is consistent and perform grow-out trials are conducted to confirm that good plant health is achieved. The composted bark and other base raw materials in this mix are a reasonably fine grade, although some longer pieces of bark can go through the screen lengthwise. There is some batch to batch variation. We have touched base with you to see if you have any product left and also the batch details so we can look into this further. Kind regards ^Tui Team